TOUR CODE: BKK-0009
Program: Ayuthaya Summer Palace Tour (by Road)
Trip Description : Visit historical sites in Ayutthaya including the Summer Palace, Wat Phananchoeng, Wat Yai Chaimongkho, Wihan Phra Mongkhon Bophit and enjoy
sightseeing along Ayutthaya Historical Park.
Destination: Thailand (Bangkok)
Start City : Bangkok Center (Can join in Group) or Suvarnabhumi Airport (Suvarnabhumi no join in group)
Tour Type : Private tour
Duration: Full Day (08.30-17.00)
08:30 Meet your English-speaking guide in the hotel's lobby. Depart for Ayutthaya, located 76 kms. north of Bangkok. It was one of Indo-China's most prosperous cities and is one of Thailand's major historical attractions. The grandeur of Ayutthaya is reflected by numerous magnificent structures and ruins concentrated in and around the city island surrounded by the Chao Phraya, Pa Sak and Lop Buri Rivers. The area, well conserved as a historical park, has been included in UNESCO's list of World Heritage since 13 December 1991. Ayutthaya covers an area of 2,556 square kilometres.
10:00 Visit Bang Pa-In Summer Palace was first used by the royal court as a summer retreat in the 17th century. However, the Palace was destroyed with the fall of Kingdom of Ayutthaya and was restored by King Rama IV in the mid-19th century. Most of the buildings that exist today date from the reign of King Rama V, who regularly spent his summers there. The structures represent a variety of architectural styles, set in a large park around ponds and waterways. The only royal residence open to the public is the Chiness-style Wehat Chamroon Palace, constructed entirely of materials imported from China. In addition, there is an Italian-style palace, a circular pavilion with steps leading down to a pool, the graceful Thai-style Aisawan Tippaya Asna Pavilion in the middle of a lake, and, across one of the waterways, a Buddhist chapel in the neo-Gothic style with stained-glass windows. Scattered around the extensive gardens are European statues as well as monuments ordered to be built by King Rama V in memory of members of his family, one of them a much-loved Queen who drowned in a boating accident.
11:00 Continue to Wat Phananchoeng. This monastery is the most revered by the inhabitants of Ayutthaya, was built in A.D. 1325. Visit Wat Yai Chaimongkhon, one can see the large pagodas, built to celebrate the victory of his single-handed combat on the elephant's back during Ayutthaya capital.
12:00 Lunch will be provide at riverside restaurant.
13:00 Visit Wihan Phra Mongkhon Bophit. Phra Mongkhon Bophit, a large bronze cast Buddha image was originally enshrined in the open area outside the Grand Palace and later covered by a building in the reign of king Songtham. During the fall of Ayutthaya, the building was badly destroyed by fire. The one currently seen was reconstructed, but does not have as beautiful craftmanship as the previous one. The open area east of the sanctuary was where the royal cremation ceremonies took place.
Visit Wat Phra Si Sanphet. This is the most important temple within the Royal Palace compound and the original from which the Temple of the Emerald Buddha in Bangkok has been copied. Three outstanding Ceylonese style pagodas were built during the 15th century to enshrine the ashes of three Ayutthayan kings.
15:00 Leave form Ayutthaya pass green paddy fields, villages, and temples then return to bangkok.
16:30 At the end of tour will be visit the local product store. Then tranfer to your hotel.
......................................... End Of Service ...................................
- Pick up location would be Center of Bangkok location within 3 KM. more than that area should come to make appointment for pick up location.
- Suvarnabhumi airpirt no join tour (just only private price with showing on each program)
- Air-conditioned vehicles with experienced driver
- English-speaking guide
- All admission fees as mentioned in the program
- Transfer from / to hotel
- Accident insurance
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips, laundry, etc
- All Optional Tour
- Other services not mentioned in the program
- For children less than 2 years will be "Free" of charge
- For children 3-11 years old we charge Child Price
- For children over 12 years old we charge normal price
- Rates are inclusive of 10% service charge and applicable government tax.
- All above rates are nett and quoted in Thai Baht per person.
- Show Schedule is subject to change without prior announcement
- Exact pick up and drop off time will be confirmed via fax to your hotel.
- Dropping time can not confirmable. It depends on situation and traffic.